The Museum’s Historical Exposition reflects the history of Ludza district from the most ancient times to 1917.
In the main exhibition you can find out more about the following topics:
- Lifestyle of ancient hunters and fishermen on the banks of the Great Ludza Lake;
- Manufacture of bone, flint and stone tools and their use in hunting and fishing;
- Stone Age ceramic finds;
- 7-13 th centuries Latgalian Cemeteries: Ludza Odukalns, Kivtu, Pildas, Ņukšu, Mērdzenes, Dzērves.
- Ancient Latgalian jewellery, clothing and weapons.
- Middle Ages in Ludza district;
- Ludza district in the Russian Empire.
12 th century woman’s burial imitation
Owl’s Brooch (Found in the 7th-12th Century Kivtu Graveyard)
12 th century woman’s dress imitation. After excavation materials in the Kivtu graveyard
Exposition “Middle Ages in Ludza district”
A fragment of the exhibition “Middle Ages in Ludza District”
Every visitor can become a medieval knight or castle mistress.
Exposition “Ludza district in the Russian Empire”
Russian Empire Army Standard (1906)